The 2020 Global Digital Development Forum was inspired by the ICTworks post, Coronavirus Canceled Your Conference – Let’s Organize a Virtual Event, which led to a vibrant discussion on how we could develop a virtual ICT4D conference.
From that conversation emerged the desire to build on previous USAID Digital Development Forums in Ghana, India, El Salvador, Zambia, and the United States and expand both the focus and participation beyond any specific donor or country, to include a global audience of LMIC practitioners.
The 2021 Global Digital Development Forum is organized by USAID, Chemonics, Save the Children, TechChange, IREX, IntraHealth International, and the Digital Impact Alliance around major themes important to international development with a variety of staff supporting this event.
The 2021 GDDF Organizing Committee Staff included the following:
- John O’Bryan, Knowledge & Insights Lead
- Kate Dimsdale, Knowledge and Insights Analyst
- Ashley Faler, Program Support Specialist
- Mingo Roberts, Knowledge & Insights Specialist
- Manisha Aryal, Senior Advisor, Digital Development
- Edel Tessema, Senior Specialist, Knowledge Management
- Pascal Masuba, Senior Associate, Knowledge Management
Digital Impact Alliance
- Claudine Lim, Manager, Principles for Digital Development
- Laura Walker McDonald, Senior Director, Insights & Impact
- Coby Jones, Communications Manager, DIAL
- Wayan Vota, Digital Health Director
- Jill Miller, Director, Center for Applied Learning and Impact
- Jesus Melendez Vicente, Senior Technical Advisor, Data and Digital Development
- Philip Davidovich, Technical Specialist, Data and Digital Development
Save the Children
- Jeanne Koepsell, Community Case Management Advisor / Digital Health and Innovations Lead
- John Zoltner, Senior Director, Technology for Development and Innovation
- Steve DiPangrazio, Sr. Specialist,, Technology for Development and Innovation
- Nick Martin, Founder and CEO