The 2020 Global Digital Development Forum was inspired by the ICTworks post, Coronavirus Canceled Your Conference – Let’s Organize a Virtual Event, which led to a vibrant discussion on how we could develop a virtual ICT4D conference.
From that conversation emerged the desire to build on previous USAID Digital Development Forums in Ghana, India, El Salvador, Zambia, and the United States and expand both the focus and participation beyond any specific donor or country, to include a global audience of LMIC practitioners.
The 2021 Global Digital Development Forum is organized by USAID, Chemonics, Save the Children, TechChange, IntraHealth International, and the Digital Impact Alliance around major themes important to international development with a variety of staff supporting this event.
The initial 2021 GDDF Organizing Committee Staff included the following:
- John O’Bryan, Knowledge & Insights Lead
- Manisha Aryal, Director, Digital Development
Digital Impact Alliance
- Wayan Vota, Digital Health Director
Save the Children
- John Zoltner, Senior Director, Technology for Development and Innovation
- Steve DiPangrazio, ICT4D Specialist
- Nick Martin, Founder and CEO